Hi, I am Sampath Menon.
Thanks for stopping by.
I have been maintaining this blog since 2008. The blog has gone through many iterations and domain name changes over the years.
The focus of the blog has also evolved – currently, I am shaping this site to be a source for middle-aged IT professionals (like me) to find helpful and inspirational resources on side hustles, travel, financial freedom and self-improvement.
I am a middle-aged IT guy and a middle-class Indian dad. I have taken significant risks, failed gloriously on several occasions and learned from the falls. I have a monkey mind (a silverback guerilla at that) and am trying to be at peace with it.
I successfully co-founded and helped scale two award-winning Tech startups in my past life. As part of my work, my partners and I have won several national awards, including the 2012 ET Power of Ideas, the Pearson Affordable Learning Cohort, and the Nasscom Social Innovation Honours, to name a few.
I enjoy travel, street photography and interaction with like-minded people.
Travel and Street Photography
- Following are some publications that have carried my travel-related articles or featured stories about me:
- Here is a Podcast that features my conversation about Mangalore with Saif and Faiza of ‘The Musafir Stories’. Please check them out for some beautiful travel tales from around India.
- Recently, an image that I clicked was featured on NatGeo, and some of my articles have appeared in leading online magazines, including LiveMint and HuffPo (links below).
- If you would like to buy prints of some of the photos I’ve clicked, please check them out at: https://sampathmk.darkroom.tech/
- Some of my images are available on Shutterstock: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/Sampath+Menon
Let us connect
If you find my stories interesting, please feel free to connect.
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sampathmk/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjyyf5e4DOdnrdNoFdQnD3g
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sampath.menon.7
- Twitter: twitter.com/sampathmenon
- Or leave a comment, and I will reach out to you.
Aquarian. If you think that’ll help you get to know me better.
Disclaimer: All views expressed on this blog are my own. My employer has got nothing to do with any of this.