Hi, I am Sampath Menon.
Thanks for stopping by.
This site is a Travel, Life and Street Photography blog that I have been maintaining since 2008. I will share everything I find useful around my areas of interest, including travel, photography, technology, finance and self-improvement, on this blog. In addition, I would like to exchange thoughts with you, my dear reader, and learn from you as well. So please feel free to comment on any of the articles you find interesting.
I am an IT industry veteran, a tech entrepreneur, food enthusiast, street photographer and a part-time traveller. As an entrepreneur, I successfully co-founded and helped scale 2 award-winning Tech startups. I enjoy travel, street photography and interaction with like-minded people.
Travel and Street Photography
- Following are some publications that have carried my travel-related articles or featured stories about me:
- Here is a Podcast that features my conversation about Mangalore with Saif and Faiza of ‘The Musafir Stories’. Please check them out for some wonderful travel tales from around India.
- An image that I clicked was featured on NatGeo recently, and some of my articles have appeared on leading online magazines, including LiveMint and HuffPo (links below).
- If you would like to buy prints of some of the photos I’ve clicked, please check them out at: https://sampathmk.darkroom.tech/
- Some of my images available on Shutterstock: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/Sampath+Menon
The companies I co-created
I have been fortunate to help conceptualize and scale 2 award-winning Tech startups: Callystro.com and Semnox.com. Castro has a Design Studio that helps Corporates with innovative design-led technology initiatives. Another division in Callystro helps thousands of underprivileged students learn life skills, school educational topics, and financial literacy through games’ power. Several leading NGOs in India, including Pratham, EkStep, Central Square Foundation and Akshara Foundation, work with Callystro in spreading learning to the poorest of the poor in India.
As part of my work, my partners and I have won several national awards, including the 2012 ET Power of Ideas, the Pearson Affordable Learning Cohort, and the Nasscom Social Innovation Honours, to name a few. In addition, Cobels, a Callystro product, is a learning-games program for K12 that has revolutionized learning in the social sector.
Let us connect
If you find my stories interesting, please feel free to connect.
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sampathmk/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sampath.menon.7
- Twitter: twitter.com/sampathmenon
- Or leave a comment, and I will reach out to you.
Aquarian. If you think that’ll help you get to know me better.
Disclaimer: All views expressed on this blog are my own. My employer has got nothing to do with any of this.
© All text, images and ideas on this blog are copyrighted by Sampath Menon. If you would like to use anything from this site, please seek explicit permission.